Sunday, March 22, 2009

I Got My First Gig

"I got my first gig." That's what I jokingly told my wife after receiving an invitation to come talk about my blog and share my experiences with a group of men in Austin (they refer to it as First Friday Men's Group). Looking at some of their past speakers, I can't help but feel a bit out of my league. But then again, I like to talk, so if someone will listen, I guess it'll work out.

Anyway, I am excited about the opportunity. It'll be interesting to hear what others think about the blog and the journey itself. Hopefully, we'll all learn something from each other. Of course, I should probably warn them I'll be writing about them on here as well. LOL

I visited St. David's Episcopal Church this morning. I'll be writing it up later this week.

2 comments:

amy said...

That's great, Scott! Is this a group of men from one of the churches you attended? ..or more like a civic group? Hope all goes well.

Scott said...

It appears to be a group of Christian businessmen, but I'm not exactly sure.