Monday, February 26, 2007

A Very Nice Lunch

I had lunch last week with Matt Cassidy, Senior Pastor at Grace Covenant Church, a church I visited recently. I wasn't sure what to expect as sometimes these things turn into a pitch for why you should join their church. True to form, however, Matt was gracious and friendly. He wanted to learn more about me and my wife and what led us on this journey through the different churches of Austin. He made no attempt to sell us on why we needed to stop traveling and go to Grace, although we all agreed that being a "permanent visitor" is not where this should lead either.

Matt is interesting. He can't help but start educating you when you ask him a question. When ask about infant baptism, for example, we got a great 3-5 minute lecture on convenant vs. dispensational theology. What's really fun about it is he obviously loves it so much. You can't help but get excited with him. He's a good guy and very "normal." The church is fortunate to have him.

I'll be writing about my experience at First Baptist Church of Austin, where I visited Sunday, in the next day or so.

No comments: